Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Best and Healthiest Banana Bread Muffins

                                                                                                  …that you have ever made…


We have a banana bread recipe that’s been in my family for a few years. I don’t know how long but I have been eating them my whole life so that gives you an idea. I baked those muffins so many times that I could do it blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back whilst riding a horse. I perfected them, slowly changing the recipe over time to make them bake better, have more moisture, and be healthier.
                This final recipe is vegan with multiple grains and hidden veggies.
Makes 18



1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2.       Add the avocado, apple, kale, butter, and bananas into a food processor until smooth and creamy.
3.       Remove from processor and poor into mixing bowl.
4.       Stir in all other ingredients.
5.       Add to muffins tins. I suggest muffin papers in the tins because these muffins are rather crumbly when done.
6.       Place in oven for ten minutes. At the end of ten minutes, turn the pans around and bake another ten minutes.
7.       Test with toothpick to see if cooked through. Once done, remove from oven and pans. Allow to cool.

 
When done you want to remove them from the tins immediately. The tins are still hot and therefore continue to cook the muffins, drying them out. If they are rather moist (as they should be) but do not stick to the toothpick they are done. Trust that as the cool the temper.






NOTES:
Any flour can be used. For example you can use all white flour rather than mix the different flours.

What if I don’t have all of these things? Good substitutions are Greek yogurt or soy yogurt for the avocado and egg or equivalent egg replacer for the apple.






No comments:

Post a Comment